Saturday, October 30, 2010

HALOWEEN MAGIC and the CHILD WITHIN

Tis the season of pumpkins, jack o' lanterns, candy corn, bats, wild witches brew, costume and masks. Every age in America loves to participate in the ancient ritual. Many businesses allow their staff to dress up, so don't be surprised if you go into Bank of America and see a teller dressed up as Cinderella or a Witch, restaurants, shopkeepers, you name it.......of course school parties, and after school and midnight Trick or Treating, Disco's and Amusement Parks fame themselves with Haunted Houses.
And what is it that is so magical about this day.......the wonderful and freeing opportunity to be a child and to dress up, and be someone else with the full permission of the society. Costumes   give us the chance to be an angel or a devil, to create the dark or light side of ourselves. For that matter all celebrations or festivals that allow costumes and masks lets us become a free spirited, spontaneous child again. 

I'll never forget the year when I was driving to a costume party in Los Angeles, I was 26, and dressed up as Mother Nature. I wore a wild natural of curls sprayed gold, my eyes painted with rainbows, and long bright blue eyelashes,white skin, painted bright red lips, and lightening bolt going through my hair, and a tiny bird attached to my flimsy dress. Wouldn't you know it, my battery died in the middle of traffic. Lucky enough it was by a supermarket, so I  got out of the car and easily gained assistance with alot of honking and hooting horns.

I walked in the market to make a phone call, no cellulars then, and was greeted by numerous people..."Hey how ya doing tonight.....who are you?" While I was there I  made a call to the Automobile Club, the shop manager asked me " Wait a minute if your Mother Nature how come you need help? You can do anything" Yes, I was Mother Nature for the night but I could not charge my own battery, I had to wait for the Auto Club , but I enjoyed every minute of this. My embarassment lasted for 5 minutes and then I had fun.....I felt very empowered "No one messes with Mother Nature!!!"

So what is this really all about................let your inner child speak and express itself. There is so much wisdom, so much joy and creativity that this part of yourself embraces. It is the part that loves to play, sing and laugh, build sand castles, finger paint, fly kites and play on swings and slides, blow bubbles and catch snowflakes on our tongues, or go Trick Or Treating. Today let your inner child play and do something joyful, that brings a smile to your face and lightens your heart. Allow yourself the pure spirt of childlike joy to radiate your soul, and balance your being, with simple and pure pleasure.
Let the magic begin within your heart,
With Love
Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment